10/22/10

Joyride

This morning I caught myself sending a text to my babysitter, "Are you okay driving 35 minutes back home to Illinois so late at night?" I almost fainted as I thought, "when did this day come when I was so concerned about driving late at night?" It seems like yesterday my friends and I were all hopping in the shower at 9PM only to go out at 10PM sometimes driving two hours away to a party. Nowadays, I can hardly wait to crawl into bed at that time. And on the other hand, if I am concerned now about the babysitter, what is it going to be like when my three kids reach 16? Charlie, my oldest, I know is going to pass drivers education with flying colors and will never have a dent on his car. Thomas and Elle, however is another story. If we place Thomas on the hood of our car now and went 80 mph on the highway, he would consider it a "joyride." Elle, like me will somehow, yes somehow pass her driving test and when done, ask the teacher, "How did I do?" She will reply to her as she did to me, "Well, you passed... but you talk too much." I think for now I will enjoy worrying about the babysitter driving late at night...

No comments: