10/31/10

I Dare Ya!

Yesterday I was convinced Halloween was created to drive us parents crazy. "Candy!" "More" "No more candy" tantrums thrown "One more piece" "If you get into the car now, I will give you one more piece of candy," I found myself saying frequently the past few days. Today, as my oldest son asked me for what it seemed like the 100th time, "Mom, you ARE going to wear your costume tonight, aren't you?" Never mind the fact that I was Star Wars Padme Amidala last night at a party in an all white bodysuit, belt and gun complete with white high heeled boots which was hardly noticeable in the sea of costume crazed adults but walking down Main Street with my kids in dusk hours? "Yes, Charlie, of course I am wearing my costume." Then he turned to daddy, "Daddy, are you wearing your costume too?" I quickly and happily replied for him while trying not to laugh as he was Star Wars Chewbacca in full costume gear, mask and all, "Of course he is!"
So today, I find myself thinking we should have more days like Halloween, days when we can relax some of our responsibilities as adults while dressing in costume gear with the children and of course, consume all the candy without a single feel of guilt. We would all be happier, more free and perhaps have a sparkle in our eyes...as our kids constantly do.
Who knows? Maybe I will show up on your doorstep with my own Trick or Treat Bag. Will you? I dare ya!

1 comment:

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

You are too funny. I could not do another day of Halloween if I tried. After 5 times dressing in costumes for different parties and festivals I am just totally worn out! I do think days without a ton of fules are fun though and make a random day here and there a little special!