2/19/11

To break up or not?

Early this AM, well okay, 8 AM but still it was early for me when I had a much needed highlight appointment with my hairsylist.  He is not only good eye candy (a plus), but a fabulous hair color, cut and wash guy yet I went to someone different last time. 

Why?

 Maybe I was in a hairstyle rut, or just wanted to see "who" else was out there but now am happily back to my regular hairstylist.  

As we gave each other a hug and he took my starbucks so I could put my smock on, he then asked if I drive a SUV?  
I said, "why yes.  A black one." 
He said, "I KNEW it was you when passing you in the Starbucks parking lot the other day.  I wanted to honk, but thought, nah...she may not recognize me."

 That brings me to 5 reasons you should consider keeping your hairstylist if considering a change: 

Reason#5
Always happy to see me!
 If he had seen me and I had "broken up with him", what to expect?  Surely it would not be a hello.

Reason #4
He/she shouldn't and probably won't ever lie to you.  

Reason #3
You will always end up feeling fabulous...even if you walk out with a mullet complete with a rat tail.

Reason #2
If you've know him/her long enough, they give you the juiciest gossip of the town...

Reason #1.
He/she is also your therapist. Knows most or ALL of your secrets...

How long have you been with your favorite hairstylist? Or are you secretly breaking up with yours by going to another one...? Is your hairstylist also your therapist?

2 comments:

TMA said...

I have a stylist I like. She says she does not get offended when people leave and is fine if they come back. She says she does not consider it a life long relationship so it doesn't bother her. I thought that was nice.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.