7/19/11

Neighbors


2 weeks in and we are somewhat adjusting to our new city Portland but not without experiencing the cultural differences.  

Why? You ask?

My neighbor.

Don't get me wrong, she is nice and has two kids, one girl, 11 and one boy who is Thomas' age.

Her house is fabulous, interior and exterior.

Her backyard has a great swingset surrounded by a chicken coup that is a home to 3 live chickens and my kids love to play in it.

Yes, both swingset and chicken coup.

And our cat, Flav has picked out his spot...on top of the chicken coup, eyes always on the chickens and his tail wagging gently back and forth.

She has two dogs.

One is named "Jerry Garcia"

The other is "Betty Ford."

Both are dead.
(the people, that is)

I asked what she did for a living.

She replied, "I work for Bob Marley."

Red Hot Chili Peppers immediately came to mind,
Bob Marley poet and a prophet
Bob Marley taught me how to off it
Bob Marley walkin' like he talk it
Goodness me can't you see I'm gonna cough it
(Give it Away)

And yes, he's dead too.

No further questions.

Then her daughter gave my Elle her Barbie to take home for the night.



Yes...that is her. No torso. No legs. Just one arm. 

I had no further questions...










2 comments:

ANN TRUMAN EARL said...

Should I be scared? "Chickens".......in the city?

TMA said...

Chickens were so popular in STL. My dogs would not tolerate them, I'm sure but AA wants one pretty bad. Not gonna happen :)
At least the neighbors are friendly!